2020 is redefining the way corporations fly: 24/7 accessibility, maximum flexibility and enhanced safety protocols are essential requirements.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is accelerating several trends in global aviation:
- Corporates are increasingly flying entire teams to multiple locations around the world to ensure business continuity — with 31% of U.S. companies expanding their use of private jets;
- Demand for commercial airlines in the U.S. is down 50% due to the uncertain and limited scheduling currently offered, while business aviation is flying at 86% of last year’s levels;
- VistaJet has seen a surge of 49% in corporate interest globally since the start of the pandemic;
- Over the same period, VistaJet recorded a rapid growth in demand for long-haul routes: flights over 5 hours increased 44% YoY;
- VistaJet’s most popular flight routes have been between the UK and France, the U.S. and China, and the UK and Italy over the last six months.