London Southend Jet Centre places second in The Air Charter Excellence Awards

posted on 21st November 2022 by Eddie Saunders
London Southend Jet Centre places second in The Air Charter Excellence Awards

London Southend Jet Centre has placed joint second at The Air Charter Excellence Awards 2022 for Handling Agent/FBO of the Year.

This award recognises the efforts of any passenger or cargo aircraft handling agent or FBO provider from around the world.

The event, held at the Hilton Metropole in Brighton on Thursday, November 17 and hosted by The Air Charter Association, was attended by more than 400 guests, including members of the Jet Centre team.

London Southend Jet Centre was one of six finalists in their award category, up against many larger and well-established FBO’s from the international aviation community.

Richard Walker, Head of Business Development for London Southend Jet Centre, said: “We had a fantastic night at the ACA Excellence Awards and were delighted to be nominated in the best FBO/Handling Agent category.

“Although we didn’t win, the recognition amongst the industry of the hard work and dedication of the LSJC team to support aviation by enabling customers smooth access to and from London in a difficult operational year was highly appreciated.

“We continue to build on a successful year to play our part in providing credible solutions for aviation in London and will do our best to win first place next year.”

A judging panel of independent industry experts account for 60% of the overall vote, and the remaining 40% is by Association members.

Their success comes after a busy period for the London Southend Jet Centre team.

They attended the National Business Aviation Association 2022 in Orlando, Florida earlier this year and will have representatives at the MEBAA Show in December.