Honda Aircraft Company today revealed a new upgraded aircraft, the “HondaJet Elite S,” at its first ever virtual product launch event themed “Innovation Continues: Elite S.”
The HondaJet Elite S features several upgrades that expand operational capability and improve flight operation.
With an increased maximum takeoff weight of 200 lbs., customers can now fly up to 120 nm (138 mi) further at a higher payload, or take an additional passenger during their typical mission.
Additionally, the new avionics features of FAA DataComm and ACARS replace traditional voice commands with text-based messaging to improve the clarity and efficiency of communications.
Combined with the newly introduced Advanced Steering Augmentation System (ASAS), the Elite S further reduces pilot workload and maximizes safety.
“Since its introduction in 2018, the HondaJet Elite has achieved the best performance in its class while also being the most efficient, and with the new Elite S, we take another step forward in expanding the aircraft’s capability,” said Honda Aircraft Company’s president and CEO Michimasa Fujino.
“As a result of the innovation, design and engineering on the new Elite S, we are once again setting a new standard in business aviation.”
Key new features of the HondaJet Elite S –
Increased Gross Weight 200 lbs.
- Carry additional payload for the same distance, or load more fuel and fly further with the same payload.
Avionics Software Upgrade *optional features
Building on the highly customized HondaJet avionics suite based on G3000, the Elite S introduces several new advanced features enabling more seamless communication and reduced pilot workload for more efficient operations.
- FAA Data Comm: Functionality intended to replace traditional voice commands with text based messaging for departure clearance and enroute services where available in the United States.
- ACARS: Enables text based messaging with both air traffic services and operation centers. Air traffic services include terminal information, terminal weather, and departure clearance from supported airports. ACARS also provides several functionalities for communicating with operation centers including: flight plan upload, messaging, weather, and automatic transmission of position reporting and Out/Off/On/In status.
- COM3: This functionality allows the operator to disable the Datalink Mode of the radio and use it as a 3rd VHF, to increase dispatch reliability. This function will come with selection of FAA Data Comm and ACARS.
Advanced Steering Augmentation System (ASAS)
- Advanced Steering Augmentation System (ASAS) reduces pilot workload and enhances safety for missions in specific weather conditions.
New Styling Options
- New exterior paint schemes: Gunmetal, Luxe Gold, Deep Sea Blue
- Several color options for the new Elite S logo with the bold red S as a standard offering.