Along with business aircraft owners and operators, Duncan Aviation has made the safety of its customers and team members a top priority right now. Toward that end, the company implemented an aircraft disinfection service in March at the company’s three main MRO facilities in Battle Creek, Michigan; Lincoln, Nebraska; and Provo, Utah. Duncan Aviation is pleased to announce that the disinfection service is now available at five of the company’s Satellite Avionics Shops and will expand to additional shops throughout the Duncan Aviation Satellite Network in the coming weeks.
The five Duncan Aviation Satellite locations are: Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Houston, Texas; Seattle, Washington; Teterboro, New Jersey; and Van Nuys, California.
“We’ve had a lot of interest in the disinfectant service,” says Brian Redondo, Manager of the Duncan Aviation Fort Lauderdale Satellite Shop. “We’re planning to take the unit to a couple of local FBOs on the airport to fog their lobbies, and a lot of our customers would like their aircraft disinfected before they start flying again.”
The Manager of the Satellite Shop in Seattle, Aaron Jensen, says, “We can disinfect aircraft here at our hangar, or we can take the unit to our customers’ hangars that are within driving distance. We have one customer who has been asking for quite a while, so we’re pleased to be able to offer the service now.”
Here are some quick facts about the disinfectant service:
• Duncan Aviation crews are trained to use the disinfectant system, and customer may schedule the service to be done at our facility or our crews will come to their hangars with the portable unit.
• The process uses a portable unit that sprays an EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectant on the interior surfaces in the aircraft. The application is either an aerosolized, hands-free fogger or a hand-applied spray, depending on the size of the aircraft.
• The disinfectant produces no harmful by-products for the environment, contains no VOCs, and is 100% biodegradable. It is non-corrosive and has been proven safe for the various custom surfaces and avionics found in today’s business aviation aircraft.
Currently, operators may call the following Satellite Shops to schedule a time for aircraft to be disinfected at our shop location or to have the fully trained crews bring the disinfectant unit to their aircraft and hangar:
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida: +1 954.771.6007
- Houston, Texas: +1 713.644.0352
- Seattle, Washington: +1 206.764.3962
- Teterboro, New Jersey: +1 201.288.1550
- Van Nuys, California: +1 818.902.9961
Duncan Aviation expects to have additional units available for use throughout the Duncan Aviation Satellite network and with our engine Rapid Response Teams very soon. Operators should check with the Duncan Aviation Satellite Shop near them for more information (www.DuncanAviation.aero/locations/#satellites.)