After seeing a vast increase in Asia-to-Europe, long-haul travel, APERTUS Aviation – the award-winning private jet charter business based in Hong Kong – has announced its continued global expansion in the permanent establishment of its UK presence, along with the launch of its partnership with Trees for All, a foundation based in the Netherlands whose mission is to plant new forests worldwide and restore existing forests.
As the firm continues to grow globally, APERTUS Aviation wanted to make a positive difference by supporting sustainable charity organisations, through their DONATE programme. The partnership with Trees for All, will see 10 trees donated with every booking, purchase of an APERTUS souvenir, as well as the ability for clients to donate directly via their website and social media platforms.
Trees for All’s mission is to contribute to a better climate, more biodiversity and better living conditions for humans and animals. Currently, the programme not only offsets carbon emissions by planting new forests worldwide and restoring existing forests, it also contributes to improving the standard of living for people in developing countries.
Establishing a presence in the UK, Managing Director Ringo Fan is a visionary with global business aspirations. Growing up and receiving his education in both Hong Kong and Australia, this allowed for him to assimilate the best of both Eastern and Western cultures and achieve a global perspective from a young age.
Fan’s personal connection to the UHNW audience in Asia provides an invaluable insight into the fast-paced industry and how trends in the East will be seen in the West in due course. Outlining five prominent trends being seen within the Asian UHNW community, Fan believes these themes will be seen in Europe as we move towards the end of 2020. Trends include:
- The rise in ultra-private package holidays – There has been a rise in enquiries from luxury travel agents, customising their tours and packages with private flying
- The rise of one-way bookings – There has been an increase in one-way flight bookings, with around 70% of booked flights in 2020 being one-way
- The rise in first time private flyers – There has been an increase in new clients, notably from individuals and corporations who might have possessed the means to fly privately, but have until now chosen otherwise
- Requests for smaller aircraft – Despite larger aircrafts being a trend in recent years, the pandemic has seen a sharp decline in aircraft size as travellers reduce the size of the groups, they travel in
- The rise of block hour enquiries – Enquires for block hour programmes (our recently launched Unlimited 60* offer) and aircraft leasing has increased by 500%
With presence in Hong Kong, Beijing and Singapore, APERTUS Aviation sits in a unique position, between the client and the large fleet jet operators. The successful Eastern enterprise offers an innovative and unparalleled charter flight consultancy and management, providing a personal touch and local expertise and knowledge of local regulation, procedures and rules when operating in and out of Asia, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. The regional team members on the ground utilise their strong relationship with their client base and the many suppliers around the world to add value to both the jet operator and client.